The first single from Paul Oakenfold’s Trance Mission album featuring cover versions of ten of Paul’s all time favorite trance records.
Paul Oakenfold – “Café Del Mar”
Release Date: March 10, 2014 on Perfecto Fluoro [PRFLU047]
Café Del Mar (Original Mix)
Café Del Mar (Activa Remix)
Café Del Mar (Angry Man Remix)
Café Del Mar (Peetu S Remix)
Paul Oakenfold’s Trance Mission album – due for release in the spring will feature fresh and exciting cover versions of ten of Oakenfold’s all time favorite trance records.
The first single on Perfecto Fluoro from the album is Paul’s driving remake of one of the most recognizable riffs of all time in electronic music.
Mixmag voted “Best Tune Ever” in 2001 and BBC Radio 1 listener voted best dance track of the last 20 years in 2011 there have been countless remixes of “Café Del Mar” over the years but few have covered this seminal title till now.
“After making more of a big room, new school trance sounding remake of “Toca Me” for Perfecto I knew when it came to “Café del Mar” I wanted to take things in the fluoro direction. The riff just begs you too. And since that was always the plan I also knew I wanted key Fluoro names remixing it as well so got Activa, Angry Man and Peetu S – who are all backbone contributors to the label to stamp their signature style on their versions. This is a touch peak time package for proper trance fans. Every time I’ve played this out in the last few months the place has just gone off. It’s nice to resent the track in a different, kind of GOA Trance themed style,” Paul Oakenfold says.
Four unique takes on Paul Oakenfold’s cover of what is arguably the biggest trance record of all time.
This is the second chapter in the Trance Mission story.
Keep reading – there’s way more to come!
twoloud kicks things off with a “trance classics” mix
Check it out here:
When Tiësto launched Musical Freedom Records in 2011 he wanted it to be a platform to release music regardless of dance music subgenre. In 2013, the label branched out further by dropping a “Trap Music EP” and will soon explore deep house with the release of Oliver Helden’s buzzing single “Gecko.”
To expand the multi-genre approach of the label even further, Tiësto decided to relaunch Musical Freedom’s Podcast in open format. That is, he’s asking participating artists to provide a DJ mix of music from a genre outside their own. This new music policy will no doubt create a lot of excitement for both the artists and the fans.
Coinciding with their remake of Tiësto’s classic single, “Traffic,” emerging Dutch talent twoloud kicks things off with a special mix of trance classics. This one hour mix is filled with tracks from the golden age of trance including System F “Out Of The Blue,” Three Drives On A Vinyl “Greece 2000,” Paul Van Dyk “For An Angel,” Binary Finary “1998 (Gouryella Remix),” and the inimitable DJ Tiësto “Adagio For Strings,” among many others.
twolouds’s remake of Tiësto’s classic “Traffic” out now on Musical Freedom.
twoloud Musical Freedom Podcast Tracklist
- Ayla – Ayla (Taucher Mix)
- Cygnus-X – Superstring (Rank1 Mix)
- System F – Out Of The Blue
- Three Drives On A Vinyl – Greece 2000
- DJ Tiësto – Adagio For Strings
- ATB – Let YOu Go (Wippenberg Remix)
- Paul Van Dyk – For An Angel
- Rank 1 – Breathing (Airwave)
- Binary Finary – 1998 (Gouryella Remix)
- Carlos – The Silmarilla
- Cosmic Gate – Exploration Of Space
- Tukan – Light A Rainbow (Wippenberg Remix)
Experience the Club Life as Curated by Tiesto
Tiësto today announces the launch of a new website dedicated to Club Life: clublifebytiesto.com
As a global music icon, Tiësto gets to see the planet in a way that very few others have – travelling the world on a 24/7/365 party. Tiesto lives the Club Life and clublifebytiesto.com provides him with a platform where he can showcase some of the music, travel, culture, art, and fashion that interests and inspires him.
Tiesto is also introducing the “Club Life Collection” – a selection of items curated by Tiesto and available for sale directly through the Club Life website via the “Fancy Anywhere” button.
“I’m in a fortunate position to be able to experience the world in such a unique way,” Tiësto says. “My journeys have helped to shape who I am and I wanted to be able to share some of the amazing things that I get to see, hear and experience. Clublifebytiesto.com lets me do that.”
TIËSTO ON TOUR
- Nov. 22 – Echostage – Washington, DC
- Nov. 23 – Echostage – Washington, DC
- Nov. 29 – Tiësto & Friends – Club Judge International Launch at Panama, Amsterdam
- Nov. 30 – November Lights @ Tele2 Arena – Stockholm, Sweden
- Dec. 13 – Baku Expo Center – Baku, Azerbaijan
- Dec. 14 – Space Moscow (Grand Opening) – Moscow, Russia
- Dec. 18 – Odyssey Arena (with Calvin Harris) – Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Dec. 19 – O2 Arena (with Calvin Harris) – Dublin, Ireland
- Dec. 20 – Earls Court (with Calvin Harris) – London, UK
- Dec. 21 – Phones 4 U Arena (with Calvin Harris) – Manchester, UK
- Dec. 22 – Hydro Arena (with Calvin Harris) – Glasgow, Scottland
- Dec. 23 – Hydro Arena (with Calvin Harris) – Glasgow, Scottland
- Dec. 28 – Borgata – Atlantic City, NJ
- Dec. 29 – SnowGlobe Music Festival – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Dec. 29 – Hakkasan – Las Vegas, NV
- Dec. 30 – Decadence NYE – Denver, CO
- Jan. 26 – X Games – Wagner Park – Aspen, CO
- Feb. 14 – Ultra South Africa – Cape Town, South Africa
- Feb. 15 – Ultra South Africa – Johannesburg, South Africa
- Mar. 14 – Electric Planet – Toluca, Mexico
- Apr. 5 – Festival Estereo Picnic – Bogota, Columbia
*Dates subject to change. Additional dates and venues to be announced.
Insomniac has just announced the artist lineup for this year’s Escape from Wonderland! The event takes place on Saturday, October 26, 2013.
The artists I’d personally recommend checking out are in bold!
Escape from Wonderland 2013 Artist Lineup:
- AC Slater
- Arboles Pintados
- Baggi Begovic
- Cedric Gervais
- Danny Avila
- Delta Heavy
- Deniz Koyu
- Discovery Project
- Eats Everything
- Emma Hewitt
- Gaiser Live
- Guy Gerber
- I See Monstas
- John Digweed
- Manufactured Superstars
- Mat Zo
- Ookay B2B Kenneth Jones
- Pendulum DJ Set
- Rebecca & Fiona
- Richie Hawin presents Enter
- Steve Angello
- The Orb
- Trent Cantrelle
Camping, Haunted Art Cars, 3D Twisted Mazes, The Slaughter House, Ghouls Graveyard, Chopping Black, Cannibals Tea Party
San Manuel Amphitheater & Grounds
2575 Glen Helen Parkway. San Bernardino, CA 92407
Escape from Wonderland 2013 Official Trailer:
October 26, 2013 – Aragon Ballroom, Chicago
Chicago – (current) home of the Stanley Cup, Air Jordan’s, Da Bears and a mean sausage – is about to go down in history as Dada Life sets the battleground for their attempt to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® title for the world’s biggest pillow fight!
Dada Life are already well known for their wild antics, having brought a 30 piece marching band with them to Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas and setting a record of sorts going through 8,000 lbs of bananas on their Dada Land tour last year. But it’s time to up the ante! So, on October 26 fans in attendance at the Dada Land Compound show will be armed with Dada Life’s weapon of choice, a pillow. When Dada Life gives the cue it’s on…come out swinging…but remember it’s all about Happy Violence.
All of this is in celebration of Dada Life’s latest single Born To Rage that comes out exclusively on Beatport, Oct. 28.
Tickets for Dada Life’s show at Chicago’s Aragon Ballroom and GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS attempt for the largest pillow fight known to man are available now.
You can also catch Dada Life at these shows:
- Oct 24 – Philadelphia, PA – Xfinity Live
- Oct 25 – San Diego, CA – Sports Arena
- Oct 27 – Las Vegas, NV – Hakkasan
- Nov 23 – Miami, FL – Mana Production Village