Mixed by Jody Wisternoff & James Grant
New double-mix hits #1 on the iTunes
US Dance Chart on its first day of release
[Stream] Anjunadeep 05 Mini-Mixes – Listen Now
[iTunes] Anjunadeep 05 – Buy Now
[Anjunastore] Anjunadeep 05 Physical Copies – Buy Now
On to the complete mixes, first up is label boss James Grant, whose annual compilation mixes are eagerly anticipated by the Anjunadeep faithful, and with good reason. Beginning with the beautiful chilled electronica of Croquet Club’s “Cardigan” (supported on BBC Radio 1 by Zane Lowe), Grant’s mix is loaded with exclusive original material from Dusky, Vincenzo, Tom Middleton, Beckwith and DAVI. The mix also features the exclusive Andrew Bayer & James Grant Remix of “It’s Cool” by Australian indie-electronic outfit The Presets, and two standout tracks from new talent Universal Solution. Grant’s mix is a measured and character-filled blend of modern melodic deepness.
Next, they welcome Bristol’s Jody Wisternoff to Anjunadeep mixing duties for the first time. One half of legendary dance act Way Out West, Jody has spent over two decades behind the decks, and his monthly ‘Intensified’ podcasts are a treasure trove of modern classics from across the house music spectrum. Bringing that sensibility to his first Anjunadeep mix, Wisternoff’s CD is a blend of sunshine-soaked deep house (San Francisco talent Lane 8’s brilliant “Be Mine”), melodic deep house (Alfred Taylor’s “Kuza”) and Good Looking-esque liquid jungle atmosphere (check Jody’s own rework of Skanna’s ’93 jungle classic “This Way”), with a garage curveball from current hotshots Leftwing & Kody and some deep washed out techno from Matt Lange and Andre Sobota along the way.
Dedicated to deep electronic grooves with emotion, soul and melody, Anjunadeep holds a unique position within today’s dance music world. Picking up rave reviews everywhere from Resident Advisor to DJ Magazine, the label’s releases regularly feature in the sets of the world’s most respected DJs. Solomun, Breach, John Digweed and Kerri Chandler are just some of those who have supported over the past year.
An A&R hotbed, the label is celebrated for releasing the debut artist album from Dusky, 2011’s critically acclaimed Stick By This, a duo that have since been described as “the toast of the UK underground” by Resident Advisor. They also nurture such talents as Matt Lange, Martin Roth, Beckwith and the exciting French producer Croquet Club.
Anjunadeep 05 is now available worldwide through Anjunadeep.
Anjunadeep 05′ Tracklist
- Croquet Club “Cardigan”
- Vincenzo & Aram “Let Go”
- Andrew Bayer & James Grant “Living”
- Beckwith feat. Catherine Porter “Back To Love”
- Universal Solution “Yukon”
- Universal Solution “Osheen”
- DAVI “The Time Has Come”
- Jody Wisternoff & Jonathan Mendelsohn “Out Of Reach” (Alfred Taylor Remix)
- Dusky “Nobody Else”
- DAVI “The Bay 6″
- Tom Middleton “WIV AUW CHU”
- Dusky “Mr Man”
- Matt Lange feat. Tania Zygar “Way You Know”
- The Presets “It’s Cool” (Andrew Bayer & James Grant Remix)
- Solarity “Symbols”
- The Peacemaker Project “Ich Lass´ Dich Nicht Zurück” (Jody Wisternoff Remix)
- Lane 8 “Be Mine” (Jody Wisternoff’s Deep 05 Reshape)
- Skanna vs. Jody Wisternoff “This Way”
- Jody Wisternoff feat. Pete Josef “We Are Heroes”
- Alfred Taylor “Kuza”
- Beckwith “Townsend Sling”
- Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston “Alchemy” (Jody Wisternoff Remix)
- Rashid Ajami “Coming For You” (Jody Wisternoff Remix)
- Kahwe “Driving Me Wild” (Jody Wisternoff’s Deep 05 Reshape)
- Leftwing & Kody “Deep In” (Jody Wisternoffs Deep 05 Reshape)
- Meramek “Feeling”
- Jody Wisternoff “Macbeth”
- Matt Lange “Only You”
- Andre Sobota “Move Into Tokyo Dawn” (Jody Wisternoff’s Deep 05 Blend)