ELECTRIC ZOO 2012
New York’s Electronic Music Festival
August 31, September 1 & September 2
Labor Day Weekend
@ Randall’s Island Park, NYC
Set Times Announced Online and via Official Mobile App
Plus Green Initiatives, Sponsors & Media Partners
With Electric Zoo 2012 just a week away, NYC is rumbling with anticipation for three days of beats, sunshine and good vibes with 100+ of the world’s top electronic dance music artists on August 31, September 1, and September 2. Now in its fourth year, Electric Zoo is excited to announce set times online and via a new and improved mobile app, plus the return of environmentally friendly green initiatives and this year’s sponsors & media partners.
Set Times Announced via Official Electric Zoo 2012 Mobile App
Now available for iPhone and Android, this year’s Electric Zoo app includes more useful and fun features than ever before. Featuring a custom schedule of set-times, abililty to set reminders so you don’t miss your favorite artists, and map of the festival site so you can locate the nearest bathrooms, face painting or a delicious food vendor, the new app also includes:
● Zoo Radio from Slacker Radio: built into the app, so you can listen to music from Electric Zoo artists on the go.
● Push notifications to get important late-breaking festival news updates.
● A festival camera that lets you put a fun Electric Zoo frame around your photos and share them with friends.
● Information about food and art at the festival.
Electric Zoo 2012 Green Initiatives
Like previous years, Electric Zoo is also proud to include several green initiatives for its fourth edition, including:
● On-site recycling program for all of the trash.
● 50% of on-site generators are running on 100% biodiesel alternative fuel from recycled NYC fryer grease and the rest are on a B50 blend of 50% biodiesel from recycled NYC fryer grease and 50% diesel.
● All of the site equipment is running on a B30 blend of 30% biodiesel from recycled NYC fryer grease and 70% diesel.
● No factory farmed meat products are permitted for sale at Electric Zoo.
● All of the food products and beer will be served on compostable ware (including plates, cups, napkins and utensils).
● Free water will be available from refill stations.
Sponsors and Media Partners
Electric Zoo would like to thank this year’s sponsors and media partners:
- Coors Light: The World’s Most Refreshing Beer returns to Electric Zoo for the third year in a row! Perfect for cooling off after all-day dancing in the sun, Miller Coors offers a selection of domestic and imported beers.
- Trident: As the official gum of the Electric Zoo Festival, Trident is the spark that will help liberate even more fun in your festival experience.
- Hi-Chew: Stop by the Hi-Chew airstream to kick back in our lounge and recharge with Hi-Chew fruit chews; the best fruit chew candy out there. It livens you up!
- Mobli: A Supporting Sponsor of the Official After Parties at Best Buy Theater, Mobli is a photo and video-sharing app built to connect awesome content with captive audiences. Find yours on Mobli!
- Virgin Mobile: Be sure to check out the Virgin Mobile Truck at Electric Zoo. We answer to a higher calling!
- BILLY BOY: Germany’s #1 condom brand has landed inAmerica and returns to Electric Zoo once more. BILLY BOY is proud to be the sponsor of 3D glasses at The Riverside Tent.
- CMJ 2012: Don’t miss the annual CMJ Music Marathon on October 16-20 in NYC.
- ReverbNation: The world’s largest independent music marketing website, hosted an opportunity for a performance slot at this year’s Electric Zoo, to which over 600 eager DJs submitted. We’re pleased to announce the winner Julien Loreto who will be opening the Main stage on Friday, August 31st.
- SiriusXM: Live broadcast and artist interviews from Electric Zoo Festival on subscription satellite radio.
- SPIN: Since 1985, SPIN has given the first national exposure to many of history’s most important cutting-edge recording artists, while vividly documenting the culture surrounding music.
- Yelp: Connects people with great local businesses and community happenings. Visit Yelp.com/nyc to see what’s buzzing in your hood.
- Integral Sound: Custom professional sound systems renowned world-wide for their purity, precision and high performance.
- NEO: Audio cables created by Oyaide.
About Electric Zoo
Electric Zoo: New York’s Electronic Music Festival now in its 4th year, featured more than 100 of the world’s biggest electronic music talent in 2011, including DJs and live acts, providing the finest techno, trance, house, dubstep, electro, indie dance music and more across four stages on beautiful Randall’s Island Park. Electric Zoo received a coveted IDMA nomination for “Best U.S. Festival” and “Best Music Event” by URB magazine, as well as press coverage from major media outlets like CNN, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Village Voice, Time Out New York, New York Post, The Source, DJ Mag, Mixmag and Ocean Drive, establishing it as New York City’s premier electronic music festival as well as a top American event. After a sold-out capacity crowd of 50,000 over 2 days in 2010, Electric Zoo expanded to a new 3-day format with over 85,000 attendees in 2011. For more information, please go to: www.electriczoofestival.com.