In the second hour of the show, we feature a Los Angeles gem, Anton Tumas, who is the man behind Subtract Music. Responsible for putting together some of the most highly regarded underground parties in Southern California, Anton has organized countless events to celebrate life in venues ranging from LA’s most prodigious nightclubs to the deep California desert. His label, Subtract Music, focuses on a small quantity of high quality releases per year, with support garnered by the likes of John Digweed, Lee Burridge, Maceo Plex and Guy Gerber.
01. Barry Jamieson, Charlie May – Homecoming (Barry Jamieson Beatless Edit) [Mayhem] 02. SCSI-9 – Summariata (Pablo Bolivar Remix) [Apparel Music] 03. Monaque – Clocks (Original Mix) [Forensic Records] 04. Max Cooper – Sea Of Sound (Original Mix) [Traum] 05. Oliver Englafjord – Reykur (Original Mix) [Streamlined] 06. Bearweasel – Button Down The Moose (Echologist Dub) [Tsuba] 07. Vinayak A – Set Her Free (Martin Buttrich Echo Dub) [Subtract Music] 08. Mano Le Tough – Tempus (Original Mix) [Maeve] 09. Audiofly – So Familiar (Original Mix) [Supernature] 10. Dance Spirit – Jardin (Original Mix) [Maison D’etre]
About Anton Tumas:
Los Angeles based record label and event organizer Subtract Music was born out of refusal to compromise. Curated by Anton Tumas via intimate music gatherings and releases by forward thinking artists from all around the globe, it’s a direct extension of his distinct taste for all things emotional, subtle and elegant, with a bit of dance floor funk thrown in for good measure!
Anton’s drive and laser-like focus quickly convinced prodigious artists such as Guy J, Martin Buttrich, Tom Middleton and Robert Babicz to jump on-board, not to mention an eclectic repertoire of up and coming talent. In fact, it was Guy J’s acclaimed remix of “Forme” that really put the label on the map, selling thousands of downloads, charting over 150 times and reaching #3 position in Beatport’s Techno Top 10. Such success can be tough to follow, but after taking nearly a year break, Subtract came back stronger than ever with a pair of Martin Buttrich remixes, one of which became Martin’s best-selling track!
Being responsible for debut of Henry Saiz quickly cemented its reputation as a risk taker, and in 2012 Subtract Music was asked to curate its own stage “subMoon” for the annual LA Burning Man Decompression festival. Featuring some of the best local techno talent, subMoon became the festivals’ most popular stage, keeping thousands of people at a fever pitch for 12 hours. What followed was a series of intimate events with the likes of Pezzner, Tigerskin and Izhevski, as well as open-airs that saw more than 800 people dancing all-day under the sun! 2013 also marked another milestone as the label teamed-up with Burning Man’s largest daytime camp DISTRIKT for yet another LA Decompression stage, creating the subDISTRIKT concept in the process.
Opting-out of the conveyor-belt approach, Subtract Music puts out 2 to 3 releases per year, readily supported by the likes of John Digweed, Lee Burridge, Sasha, Maceo Plex and Guy Gerber. 2014 sees more impeccably curated gatherings full of smiles and great vibes, as well as releases from young and seasoned producers.
Anton Tumas’ Social Networks:
- Web: antontumas.com | subtractmusic.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/antontumasofficial
- Twitter: twitter.com/antontumas
- YouTube: youtube.com/antontumas
- Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/antontumas