Ladies and Gents,
Thanks for tuning in to this month’s edition of the “Hall of Fame Show” on KUCI 88.9FM!
The phenomenal guest mix comes to you from LA’s own DJ Jim Carson. An uplifting blend of tech-, progressive, and electro-house.
DOWNLOAD HERE: Jim Carson – KUCI 88.9FM – February 2011
- Bass Kleph – I’ll be OK! (Superskank Remix)
- Bass Kleph vs Snatam Kaur – Oh Yeah! Wahe Guru Wahe Jio (Jim Carson Mashup)
- Stars on 45 – Stars on 45 (Olav Basoski Remix)
- Stefano Noferini – Move Your Body (Original Mix)
- Jay Lumen vs Marco Carola – Come Together Groove Catcher (Martin Buttrich Catcher Remix – Jim Carson Mashup)
- Kiko & Gino’s vs Nicolas Cuer – Vicious Story (Original Mix)
- Tube & Berger – Free Tribe (Original Mix)
- EDX – Embrace (Original Club Mix)
- Avicii – Sweet Dreams (Avicii Swede Dreams Mix)
- Everything But The Girl – Missing (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
- X-Press – Opulence (Sonny Wharton Remix)
- Kaskade vs Robin S – Be Still And Show Me Love (DBN Mix-Kaskade Mashup)
- Digital Lab, Pedro Henriques – Tonight (Original Instrumental Mix)
- Wolfgang Gartner – Space Junk – (Original Mix)
- Leisure Groove, Kevin Andrews – Everybody Dance (Original Mix)
- Spencer & Hill – Yeah Yeah Yeah (Electro Mix)
- DJ Bam Bam & Alex Peace – 1-2-3-4 (Original Mix)
- Freefire – Dataloss (Darth & Vader Remix)
- Feed Me – Grand Theft Ecstasy (Original Mix)
- Feed Me – White Spirit (Original Mix)
- Dada Life – White Noise/Red Meat (Original Mix)
- Peruz & Sala & Takeshy Kurosawa – Electro Spin (Maurizio Gubellini, Peruz & Sala & Takeshy Kurosawa Remix)
- Calverton, Qualver – Raw 2 Da Floor – (Lazy Rich Remix)
- Miles Dyson – I-tune (Original Mix)
Catch Jim Carson at Love Attack in Downtown Los Angeles on February 19, 2011
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (275.5MB)
Carson & Galestian Hit The Studio:
New Track in the Works!
Jim Carson and Arthur Galestian are two-Los Angeles based electronic dance music producers who are internationally known due to their high profiles as both club DJs and radio show hosts. They have traveled the globe bringing their funky beats to cities like Miami, Chicago, Vegas, Amsterdam, Edmonton, Calgary, and San Francisco. In 2008 they joined forces to start producing funky electro house, progressive house, and trance.
In the summer of 2008 they signed their first progressive house & hard trance track “K.P.” to Aurora Music based in Washington D.C. run by Schubert. 2008 also saw the release of the funky electro house rocker “For The Love House” on Carson & Galestian’s own imprint Body Lickin’ Science Recordings. Galestian is a major trance head, while Carson is a major funky, tech house and electro house head. This makes for interesting conversations in both the studio and the outcomes in their productions. It is a perfect balance as they blend and weave and crossover genres from techy, electro house to progressive to trance. Jim is responsible for most of the drums, percussion, FX, white noise, and basslines in the tracks and what key the tracks will be in. Arthur is primarily responsible for the big synths, melodies, and chord progressions you hear. They also trade off on duties from time to time, let each other know what works and what doesn’t, and collaborate on sequencing, EQing, and automation. Working together motivates them to push each other harder than ever before in their commitment to music, art, and production. Galestian likes to joke around in the studio a lot while Carson is strictly business with a straight face and almost spiritual reverence for the production process. This balance makes for a good time in the studio and great productions to be made.
Currently, in October 2009, Carson & Galestian are hard at work (or “play” depending on how you look at it…) on a completely new original production that blends booty shakin’ tribal, tech-house with acid, progressive, and trance elements. This new original production will feature a dub mix and also a vocal mix with a female vocalist that has yet to be chosen. Look for this new track to be a club monster and club hit internationally around the world. Carson & Galestian have incorporated the art of flow into this production and when you hear it you will definitely feel it. Expect top DJs to chart this track around the world and Jim Carson & Arthur Galestian to become household names in the production world after this release after being internationally known and beloved as some of the finest club Djs and EDM radio show hosts in the world for over a decade.