Signed to Ultra Music, Native Californian Justin Michael may be better known to date for his Billboard and Beatport chart success achieved through his progressive house and electronic-based output, but it’s this love of hard rock and 90s grunge that is now seeing him develop a new sound fusing big room electronica with rock influences; and one that is, for now, all his own. Tune in and hear the uniquely solid sound that is only Justin Michael.
01. Tristan Garner’s Exclusive Matrix Intro
02. Discopolis vs. David Guetta – Ain’t No ‘Falling’ Party (Justin Michael Rocktronica Mashup)
03. Darwin & Backwall, Lunde Bros vs. Avicii – Brighton Silhouette Beach – (Justin Michael Mashup)
04. Paul Thomas, Jerome Isma-Ae, & Max Freegrant vs. Sting – Thrill Me with Tomorrow’s S.O.S (Justin Michael Rocktronica Mashup)
05. Jerome Isma-Ae – My Breath Is Running Up The Hill (Isma-Ae Bootleg Mix)
06. Norin & Rad vs. Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding – “I Need Your Pistol Whip Love” (Justin Michael Mashup)
07. Justin Michael & Digital Freq – “Follow You” (feat. Leon) (Due out on Armada Soon!)
08. Jerome Isma-Ae & Sebastian Krieg – “GT40” (Original Mix)
09. Jerome Isma-Ae & Justin Michael – “Awaken” (feat. Novi) (Due out on Jee Recordings Soon!)
10. Kaskade vs. Avicii – “Jailbait Atmosphere” (Justin Michael Mashup)
11. Jeremy Olander vs. Kent – “Petroleum” (Original Mix)
12. Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano vs. Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash, John Martin – “Lethal Industry Reload” (Justin Michael Mashup)
13. Justin Michael – “Young Forever” (feat. Phillip LaRue) (Original Mix)
About Justin Michael:
Signed to Armin Van Buuren’s Armada Music, Justin’s latest single – ‘Eyes Closed’ featuring Saint Motel’s A/J Jackson – is already a top 20 hit on the Beatport progressive house charts, sitting alongside cuts from Avicii, Sander van Doorn and Hardwell, and mirroring the success of his first single on Armada, ‘Too Late Tomorrow’, which reached #12 on its progressive house charts. ‘Eyes Closed’, however, is a different dancefloor beast.
Blending big room synths, progressive house and contemporary electronica with soaring guitar solos and the rock-edge vocal of A/J Jackson may sound like nothing you’ve ever heard before, but that’s because it is. ‘Eyes Closed’ demonstrates Justin’s growth as an artist, and showcases a sound that is, for now, all his own. A reinvention? Justin prefers to call it a progression of his career as an artist.
As an Ultra Records artist alongside Tiesto, Deadmau5, and Calvin Harris, Justin enjoyed international acclaim on the back of ‘Her World Goes On’, a single produced & co-written alongside friend Bruno Mars, with whom Justin has clocked up serious studio time over the past few years. ‘Trouble’ featuring Heather Bright, meanwhile, hit #24 on the Billboard Dance Charts and, as one of the vocalist and songwriter’s first collaborations in the electronic scene, reinforced Justin’s talent for nurturing emerging artists.
But it’s not just with new artists that Justin has enjoyed success; he’s been commissioned by major labels Warner, Sony and Atlantic Records to remix major pop and rock stars including Linkin Park, Jason Derulo, Ludacris, Ciara, Toni Braxton and American Idol runner up Adam Lambert.
Indeed, it’s Justin’s studio work that sets him apart from countless other producers around the world. What you hear under the Justin Michael name is all Justin Michael; he’s as comfortable in the studio as he is playing to club or festival crowds. Drawing on Dutch heritage on his Mother’s side, it’s perhaps fitting he’s now signed to Armin’s Armada Music. Working alongside the Dutchman from his base in Los Angeles, Justin is well placed to take advantage of the United States’ insatiable appetite for electronic dance music (EDM) while crafting cutting-edge sounds that fit Armada’s diverse repertoire.
As more and more artists converge on Los Angeles for inspiration, Justin is continuing to link with both new and established talent from both in and outside the EDM scene for exciting collaborations. Regular tours to South America, Asia and across the United States provide further inspiration for the studio; whether he’s at Club Womb in Tokyo, Escape in Amsterdam, exploring the rhythmic confines of Brasil or opening for Kaskade at sold-out nights at Hollywood’s Paladium, Justin’s output continues to transcend genres, geographies and cultures.
Justin Michael‘s Social Networks:
- Website: djjustinmichael.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/justinmichaelmusic
- Twitter: twitter.com/djjustinmichael
- Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/djjustinmichael