The first single from Paul Oakenfold’s Trance Mission album featuring cover versions of ten of Paul’s all time favorite trance records.
Paul Oakenfold – “Café Del Mar”
Release Date: March 10, 2014 on Perfecto Fluoro [PRFLU047]
Café Del Mar (Original Mix)
Café Del Mar (Activa Remix)
Café Del Mar (Angry Man Remix)
Café Del Mar (Peetu S Remix)
Paul Oakenfold’s Trance Mission album – due for release in the spring will feature fresh and exciting cover versions of ten of Oakenfold’s all time favorite trance records.
The first single on Perfecto Fluoro from the album is Paul’s driving remake of one of the most recognizable riffs of all time in electronic music.
Mixmag voted “Best Tune Ever” in 2001 and BBC Radio 1 listener voted best dance track of the last 20 years in 2011 there have been countless remixes of “Café Del Mar” over the years but few have covered this seminal title till now.
“After making more of a big room, new school trance sounding remake of “Toca Me” for Perfecto I knew when it came to “Café del Mar” I wanted to take things in the fluoro direction. The riff just begs you too. And since that was always the plan I also knew I wanted key Fluoro names remixing it as well so got Activa, Angry Man and Peetu S – who are all backbone contributors to the label to stamp their signature style on their versions. This is a touch peak time package for proper trance fans. Every time I’ve played this out in the last few months the place has just gone off. It’s nice to resent the track in a different, kind of GOA Trance themed style,” Paul Oakenfold says.
Four unique takes on Paul Oakenfold’s cover of what is arguably the biggest trance record of all time.
This is the second chapter in the Trance Mission story.
Keep reading – there’s way more to come!
Summer is in full swing, and with the clubs and festivals hitting their peaks, this month’s show will feature the most explosive bangers — hand-picked by yours truly!
- Ilan Bluestone & Jerome Isma-Ae – Under My Skin (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
- Daddy’s Groove & Dino – Walking On Air (Extended Mix) [Spinnin]
- DubVision – Redux (Original Mix) [Spinnin]
- Noah Neiman – Radiofire (Original Mix) [Lange Recordings]
- Röyksopp (ft. Susanne Sundfør) – Running To The Sea (Marcus Schossow Remix) [CDR]
- Sgt Slick (ft. Stazz) – Feel The Fire (Saturn) (Original Mix) [Vicious]
- Signum – First Strike (Juventa Club Mix) [ARVA]
- Ashley Wallbridge – Yin-Yang (Original Mix) [Garuda]
- Lisa Lashes – Wanted To Feel (Original Mix) [Lashed Music]
- Paul Oakenfold – Southern Sun (Moe Aly Remix) [Perfecto Records]
- BT – Skylarking (Maor Levi Remix) [Armada Music]
- Arty vs. Rafael Frost vs. The Temper Traps vs. Faithless – Around The Insomnia Smash (Paris & Simo, A&G Bootleg) [CDR]
Podcast (danceglobalnation): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:53 — 82.3MB)
Arthur’s brand new mix compilation, Ready for Rebirth, is now available for download! The track selection features some of Arthur’s own edits and mash-up productions, current favorites, and tracks from the likes of Sander van Doorn, Michael Woods, Tyler Michaud, and more.
Ready for Rebirth debuted on Global Dance Mission episode 73 on iTunes coupled with a mix from Robert Holland.
Watch out for it soon on SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio on Electric Area (SIRIUS Channel 38/XM Channel 80)!
DOWNLOAD NOW and enjoy!
Autumn 2010 Promo Mix | arthurG.com
- Tim Berg – Bromance (Arthur Galestian’s ‘Chris Reece’ ReBirth)
- DjM & Agebeat – Greece 2010 (Original Mix)
- Fu Man Chu – El Nino (Vegas Baby Remix)
- Blendbrank – The Prophecy (Flash Brothers Remix)
- Sander van Doorn – Daddyrock (Arthur Galestian Edit)
- Hans Zimmer – Time (Orkidea Remix)
- A.w.e.r.S – Don’t Miss A Moment (Arthur Galestian’s ‘Eugeniy Golotvin’ ReBirth)
- Age of Love – The Age of Love (Manuel de la Mare Remix)
- Martin Solveig & Dragonette – Hello (Michael Woods Dub – Arthur Galestian’s ‘Chop Shop’ Edit)
- Tyler Michaud (ft. Colleen Kelly) – Get You Higher (Thomas Penton vs Stripwalker Remix)
- Lens Flare – Shutter (DNS Project Original Mix)
- D-Mad – At Night (Arthur Galestian’s ‘Abstract Vision & Elite Electronic’ ReBirth)