Jan. 8, 2018 – After months of support in 2017 on Paul Oakenfold’s internationally syndicated Planet Perfecto Radio, “Rituals” is finally released on Paul’s own Perfecto Black imprint.
The first single from Paul Oakenfold’s Trance Mission album featuring cover versions of ten of Paul’s all time favorite trance records.
Paul Oakenfold – “Café Del Mar”
Release Date: March 10, 2014 on Perfecto Fluoro [PRFLU047]
Paul Oakenfold’s Trance Mission album – due for release in the spring will feature fresh and exciting cover versions of ten of Oakenfold’s all time favorite trance records.
The first single on Perfecto Fluoro from the album is Paul’s driving remake of one of the most recognizable riffs of all time in electronic music.
Mixmag voted “Best Tune Ever” in 2001 and BBC Radio 1 listener voted best dance track of the last 20 years in 2011 there have been countless remixes of “Café Del Mar” over the years but few have covered this seminal title till now.
“After making more of a big room, new school trance sounding remake of “Toca Me” for Perfecto I knew when it came to “Café del Mar” I wanted to take things in the fluoro direction. The riff just begs you too. And since that was always the plan I also knew I wanted key Fluoro names remixing it as well so got Activa, Angry Man and Peetu S – who are all backbone contributors to the label to stamp their signature style on their versions. This is a touch peak time package for proper trance fans. Every time I’ve played this out in the last few months the place has just gone off. It’s nice to resent the track in a different, kind of GOA Trance themed style,” Paul Oakenfold says.
Four unique takes on Paul Oakenfold’s cover of what is arguably the biggest trance record of all time.
This is the second chapter in the Trance Mission story.
Keep reading – there’s way more to come!
Hour 1: Arthur Galestian Exclusive Mix
Sealing off the year with our final edition of the show, join us as we take a dive into the trance pool with tracks by Holden & Thompson, Omnia, Andain, Estiva, Zak Moya, Rex Mundi, Analogue Sound Department, and more!
This is a special mix feature my top picks of trance and progressive to give you a taste of what’s hot and fresh in my record bag!
Hour 2: Kenneth Thomas Guest Mix + Exclusive Interview
We have a very special treat for you this month, with a guest mix and exclusive interview coming to you from Detroit-based DJ/producer, Kenneth Thomas. Kenneth has enjoyed lots of success with releases on labels such as Perfecto, Coldharbour, Armada, and his own IAMPHOENIX imprint. Receiving long-time support from legend Paul Oakenfold, and delectable musical tastes to suit, this is one episode you will not want to miss!
Click here to check out the podcast page now!
This month, we feature a rising star within the trance scene, British DJ/producer Jamie Walker. Jamie presents a fine blend of his own original productions and remixes, in addition to hand-picked tunes sorted out for this very special mix. Don’t miss this month’s highly talented guest!
- Mat Zo – Pyramid Scheme (ft Chuck D) (Club Mix) [Anjunabeats]
- Jamie Walker – For a Lifetime (Original mix) [Lange Recordings]
- Mark Eteson & Luke Bond – 4 Days Out (Tom Fall Remix) [Monster]
- Omnia – Immersion (Original mix) [Armind]
- Aruna – Reason to Believe (Steve Kaetzel Original Mix) [Enhanced]
- Johnny Yono – Orion (Jamie Walker Remix) [Lange Recordings]
- Audien – Wayfarer (Original Remix) [Anjunabeats]
- Savoy & Heather Bright – We Are The Sun (Sick Individuals Remix) [Spinnin’ Recods]
- Shogun – Drop (Original Remix) [Armind]
- Orjan Nilsen – Xiing (Original Mix) [Armind]
- Jordan Suckley – Do or Die (Original Mix) [Perfecto]
- Jamie Walker – Boulevard (Original Mix) [Subculture]
- Mark Sherry – My Love (Jamie Walker Remix) [Spinnin’ Records]
About Jamie Walker:
At 22 years of age, Jamie Walker has spent the last four years experimenting in the studio and learning the art of music production. Over the course of his journey so far, Jamie has seen many of his tracks hit the number 1 spot on the Trackitdown and AudioJelly charts while achieving a handful of top 10 positions on the Beatport Trance top 100. This has seen some of the worlds top DJ’s such as Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Markus Schulz and many more, all supporting Jamie’s tracks on their radio shows. With Jamie now putting his love for the ‘progressive’ style of trance music down in the studio, while maintaining a fresh, open mind to music, the future is looking bright for the young artist!
Jamie Walker’s Social Networks:
- Website: jamiewalkerofficial.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/jamiewalkerofficialmusic
- Twitter: twitter.com/jamiewalkerdj
- Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/jamiewalkerofficialmusic
The original pioneer and icon of the global trance scene takes his
“Full On Fluoro” sound to North America for the first time.
Read about Trance Mission in Billboard
Three time Grammy nominated DJ and producer Paul Oakenfold returns to his roots as the original pioneer and icon of the global trance scene with a new tour and album concept that launches in the US and Canada this October.
“Trance Mission” will bring a fresh visual and audio experience to the hottest dance floors of the world as Paul takes his popular “Full on Fluoro” sound, which has gathered incredible popularity in Europe recently, on the road in the US for the first time. In addition to the tour Paul will release a ”Trance Mission” album featuring brand new versions of ten of Paul’s favorite trance releases of all time.
Paul Oakenfold’s diversity as a producer and DJ have earned him mass acclaim from all sides of the dance music scene but despite his successes producing / remixing the likes of Madonna, U2, Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars, many fans will always associate him with the trance movement in which he has played an integral role for well over two decades.
In the 1990’s Paul’s Perfecto and Perfecto Fluoro record labels were responsible for some of the biggest selling trance releases of all time, including classics like Planet Perfecto’s “Bullet in The Gun”, PPK “ResuRection”, Man with No Name’s “Teleport” and Paul’s own colossal hits Grace “Not Over Yet” and “Southern Sun” – the latter of which has appeared on over 150 compilation albums to date.
Of his 36 Essential mixes for BBC Radio 1, his legendary “GOA Mix”, which perfectly fused underground trance with poignant samples taken from film and radio, was voted the best Essential Mix of all time by Radio 1 listeners. It also received a Silver Award in the Specialist Music Programme category at the 1997 Sony Music Awards.
Paul’s 2011 “Fluorescence” Essential Mix was seen by many as the next chapter to the Goa Mix – with the online archiving of the show attracting over 500,000 listeners in the 3 months after its initial broadcast.
His residencies for Amnesia and Pacha (Ibiza), Ministry of Sound and Home (London) and Planet Perfecto at Rain (Las Vegas) are all well documented as milestones in the evolution of the electronic scene, but it was his residency for Cream in Liverpool that not only set his path towards becoming the one of the biggest headliners in the world but also cemented his status as head of the trance fraternity.
Over ten million album sales later (from two artist albums and over thirty DJ mix compilations) Paul Oakenfold opens a new chapter in the history of trance with his brand new “Trance Mission” tour and album concept.
Trance Mission is now activated….
Trance Mission Tour dates
- 10/26 – Ruby Skye, San Francisco CA
- 10/31 – The Catalyst, Santa Cruz CA
- 11/1 – Rialto Theater, Tucson AZ
- 11/2 – Avalon, Hollywood CA
- 11/7 – Beta, Denver CO
- 11/8 – Voyeur, San Diego CA
- 11/9 – HHH Festival, Mexico City MX
- 11/15 – Gossip, Vancouver BC
- 11/16 – SET Nightclub, Edmonton AB
- 11/21 – Whisper, Philadelphia PA
- 11/22 – Elekctricity, Pontiac MI
- 11/23 – The MID, Chicago IL
- 11/24 – Cielo, New York NY
- 12/13 – Phoenix, Charlotte NC
- 12/14 – Gryphon, Hollywood FL
- 12/19 – Bear Booth Theater, Anchorage AK
- 12/21 – Foundation Room, Seattle WA
For more Information on Paul Oakenfold:
Summer is in full swing, and with the clubs and festivals hitting their peaks, this month’s show will feature the most explosive bangers — hand-picked by yours truly!
- Ilan Bluestone & Jerome Isma-Ae – Under My Skin (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
- Daddy’s Groove & Dino – Walking On Air (Extended Mix) [Spinnin]
- DubVision – Redux (Original Mix) [Spinnin]
- Noah Neiman – Radiofire (Original Mix) [Lange Recordings]
- Röyksopp (ft. Susanne Sundfør) – Running To The Sea (Marcus Schossow Remix) [CDR]
- Sgt Slick (ft. Stazz) – Feel The Fire (Saturn) (Original Mix) [Vicious]
- Signum – First Strike (Juventa Club Mix) [ARVA]
- Ashley Wallbridge – Yin-Yang (Original Mix) [Garuda]
- Lisa Lashes – Wanted To Feel (Original Mix) [Lashed Music]
- Paul Oakenfold – Southern Sun (Moe Aly Remix) [Perfecto Records]
- BT – Skylarking (Maor Levi Remix) [Armada Music]
- Arty vs. Rafael Frost vs. The Temper Traps vs. Faithless – Around The Insomnia Smash (Paris & Simo, A&G Bootleg) [CDR]
1 2 ›